FEMALE STUDENT GRANTS
As part of Google's ongoing commitment to encouraging women to excel in computing and technology, we are pleased to announce the 2009 Google WWW Conference Grant to encourage more female computer scientists to attend and participate in the WWW 2009 Conference, 20-24 April, Madrid,, Spain. We encourage all female computer scientists to apply.
Two people will be chosen from the applicant pool to receive:
- free student passport registration for the main conference and the satellite workshops (20-24 April). Accommodation not included.
- 300 euros for travel costs (given to the recipients at the event)
To be eligible for a conference grant candidates must:
- Be a student in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or technical field related to conference subjects
- Maintaining a strong academic background with demonstrated leadership ability
- Attend at least 3 full days of the WWW 2009 conference and workshops
To apply send, no later than Friday 20 February 2009, an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject heading '2009 Google WWW 2009 Conference grant' containing:
- your full name and email address
- current address, contact phone number and copy of photo ID
- your CV
- 1-page statement (no more than 300 words) about why you wish to attend WWW 2009 and why attending WWW 2009 is important to your research and/or future career
The winners will be notified by e-mail by Friday 6 March 2009.
No pre-payment of the 300 Euro travel grant is provided. If you are a successful applicant, you will receive payment in person at WWW 2009 by presenting the letter from Google announcing your award to the travel award program coordinator